On Thursday 25 June at 8.55am BST, Uniting to Combat NTDs will host a webcast from the Natural History Museum in London to launch the third progress report of the London Declaration on neglected tropical diseases.
The webcast, chaired by Dr Julie Jacobson of Uniting to Combat NTDs and moderated by Jon Snow (Channel 4 news), features a panel of speakers including:
- Dr. Kesete-birhan Admasu, Minister of Health, Ethiopia (via video)
- Rt. Hon. Desmond Swayne, Minister of State, DFID
- Dr. Winnie Mpanju-Shumbusho, Assistant Director-General, WHO
- Mr. Andy Wright, Vice-President, Global Health Programmes, GSK
- Mr. Joe Cerrell, Managing Director for Global Policy and Advocacy, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The report, Country Leadership and Collaboration on Neglected Tropical Diseases, shows strong endemic country leadership and calls on partners to scale up efforts in order to reach World Health Organization targets.
To join the webcast, visit the event registration page where you can submit a question for the panel. You can also follow the conversation on Twitter: @CombatNTDs and #NTDprogress