April 2, 2014 Uniting to Combat NTDs: A Conversation on Progress Webcast Recording
This is the webcast recording of the April 2, 2014 Uniting to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases: A Conversation on Progress event in Paris, France. Panelists addressed progress and challenges in the effort to control and eliminate 10 NTDs by 2020, with an overarching theme of how the unique alliance of pharmaceutical companies, development agencies, endemic countries, research organizations and private foundations has driven progress forward since the launch of the London Declaration on Neglected Tropical Diseases in 2012.
The webcast features a conversation with some of the world’s leading voices on NTDs, including:
- Opening Remarks by:
- French Minister of Social Affairs and Health Hon. Marisol Touraine
- Institut Pasteur President Dr. Christian Bréchot
- Panel Discussion moderated by Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations Director Dr. Laurence Tubiana with:
- Dr. Margaret Chan, Director-General, World Health Organization
- Jamie Cooper-Hohn, Chair, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation
- Dr. Tim Evans, World Bank Director of Health, Nutrition and Population
- Bill Gates, Co-chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Dr. Onésime Ndayishimiye, National Director, Neglected Tropical Disease and Blindness Control Program, Ministry of Health, Burundi
- Chris Viehbacher, CEO, Sanofi
Uniting to Combat NTDs
Have a valuable resource to share?