Vision & Mission
Achieving a healthier world through partnership and collaboration
The goal of Uniting to Combat NTDs is to support the World Health Organization (WHO) Roadmap in its aim to reach 2020 control, elimination and eradication targets for 10 specific NTDs (Chagas disease, Guinea worm disease, Human African Trypanosomiasis or sleeping sickness, Leprosy, Lymphatic Filariasis, Onchocerciasis or river blindness, Schistosomiasis, Soil-transmitted helminths, Trachoma and Visceral Leishmaniasis).
Through collaboration, information sharing, and aligned strategies, the diverse partners of the Uniting to Combat NTDs complement and extend the reach of the WHO to support national programs in their efforts to build and implement NTD programs.
As the partners come from varied fields, they can act as a coalition of voices to:
- Increase the visibility of NTDs on the global stage
- Improve collaboration and consistency of messaging for advocacy and resource mobilization
- Monitor progress of stakeholder commitments towards the London Declaration through a scorecard and report on progress
- Promote NTD community collaboration
- Identify funding gaps and challenges to meeting the WHO goals for NTDs targeted by the London Declaration
- Advocate to bridge the identified gaps
How to help
Join us in the battle against neglected tropical diseases