The current goal of Uniting to Combat NTDs is to support the World Health Organization NTD roadmap in its aim to reach 2020 control, elimination and eradication targets for 10 neglected tropical diseases:
- Chagas disease
- Guinea worm disease
- Human African trypanosomiasis
- Lymphatic filariasis
- Soil-transmitted helminths
Following a comprehensive review in 2019, the following future goals have been agreed for the partnership. Together we will:
- Elevate the prioritization and inclusion of NTDs in the global health agenda using the partnership’s convening power, collaborative voice and harmonized messages.
- Advocate for maintained and increased donor and endemic country resource commitments for NTDs.
- Foster collective action around critical challenges and opportunities, when the partnership is uniquely positioned to do so.