Welcome to our interactive dashboards on the progress being made in the fight against neglected tropical diseases.
These dashboards are based on the best available data from the World Health Organization and our partners. They provide a simple view of progress in the control and elimination of the ten diseases prioritized under the London Declaration on NTDs. We hope you enjoy using these new tools and we welcome your feedback for future improvements.
Read more about how these dashboards were developed.
What progress are we making in the fight against neglected tropical diseases (NTDs)?
- Over a billion people were reached with treatment for at least one NTD in 2017, for the third year running.
- 300 million fewer people required treatment for an NTD in 2017 compared to 2012, when the World Health Organization’s Roadmap and the London Declaration on NTDs was launched. That’s nearly half the entire population of Europe!
- New cases of sleeping sickness (human African trypanosomiasis) are at an all-time low, with 1,447 new cases reported in 2017 compared to 7,201 in 2012. That’s a reduction of 80% in new cases since 2012.
- Treatment for schistosomiasis is at an all-time high. In 2017, 71% of all school aged children at risk of schistosomiasis received the treatment they needed, compared with 54% in 2016.
- There have been no new human cases of Guinea worm disease reported in Ethiopia since December 2017, putting the country on the path towards elimination.
Click the buttons below to browse the dashboards for each disease group.