We continue to welcome endorsements and commitments for the Kigali Declaration. We are engaging with partners. including countries, organisations, companies and institutions to support the Declaration and make new commitments to end NTDs.
Who can endorse the declaration?
Countries, organisations, companies and institutions can endorse the declaration. It will be the most senior, authorised signatory (for example, head of state, CEO, Director General) per country/organisation/company/institution. An endorsement of the Declaration must be accompanied by a specific commitment.
What does it mean to endorse and what is a commitment?
When a country / organisation / company / institution signs the declaration, they endorse its content and commit to the shared commitments on the first page of the declaration, and also to their stakeholder specific commitments.
To distinguish this high-level political declaration from a mere petition, and to ensure it is implementable and deliverable, each endorsement must be further accompanied by a tangible commitment.
There are four primary commitment types that each commitment can fall into:
- Health Product;
- Policy (such as integrating NTDs into other priority areas)
- In kind
To make a commitment, please email email@example.com confirming the name of your organisation and the name, position and contact details of the primary contact/representative. You will then be sent an invitation to make your commitment via the portal.
Endorsing the Kigali Declaration
Once commitments have been specified, you will be able to endorse the Kigali Declaration. You may access the Kigali Declaration for endorsement following the link below.
We invite you to please:
- Download the signature page of the Kigali Declaration (with the option to download and print the black and white version if you do not have access to a colour printer)
- Electronically fill in the details of the country/organisation/company/institution and the name of the most senior person signing the declaration and print the signature page
○ If you do not have access to a PDF writer in order to electronically fill in the form, please print out the form, manually fill it in, clearly, in black ink
- Record the signature moment, with your principal signing the declaration, to allow us to amplify your commitment endorsement and showcase it.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pleased to share the high-level outputs from the Kigali Declaration Commitment Tracker.
Prime Minister of Rwanda H.E. Édouard Ngirente signing and endorsing the Kigali Declaration on NTDs
President of Tanzania H.E Samia Suluhu Hassan signing and endorsing the Kigali Declaration on NTDs