On Thursday 25 June, Uniting to Combat NTDs hosted an event at the Natural History Museum in London to launch the third progress report of the London Declaration on neglected tropical diseases. This is the video of the event.
Chaired by Dr Julie Jacobson of Uniting to Combat NTDs and moderated by Jon Snow (Channel 4 news), the day featured a panel of speakers including:
- Dr. Kesete-birhan Admasu, Minister of Health, Ethiopia (via video)
- Rt. Hon. Desmond Swayne, Minister of State, DFID
- Dr. Winnie Mpanju-Shumbusho, Assistant Director-General, WHO
- Mr. Andy Wright, Vice-President, Global Health Programmes, GSK
- Mr. Joe Cerrell, Managing Director for Global Policy and Advocacy, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The report, Country Leadership and Collaboration on Neglected Tropical Diseases, shows strong endemic country leadership and calls on partners to scale up efforts in order to reach World Health Organization targets.