The Future We Want on Neglected Tropical Diseases
We, the participants of the NTD Summit, acknowledge that:
Neglected Tropical Diseases are the untold success story of public health; yet they continue to affect a billion people from the poorest, hardest to reach populations. They are a cause of constant suffering and perpetuate a vicious cycle of poverty and inequity. In April 2017, partners from all over the world – endemic country governments, development funders, NGOs, academics and others – came together in an unprecedented gathering to unite around the common goal of ending the suffering caused by NTDs. This effort is an essential stepping-stone in the global movement towards an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable future for the planet and for present and future generations.
Reaffirming the commitments set out in the London Declaration, we commit to leave no one behind in the fight to end NTDs.
- support national efforts to beat NTDs
- embed NTDs in national systems and development priorities
- mobilise commitments and resources to elimination efforts
- collaborate across sectors
- work in a way that strengthens national health systems.