The Ministers of Health of Comoros, Ethiopia, Senegal, South Sudan, and Zambia in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and Uniting to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases are pleased to host a special dinner side event on Tuesday 29 August 2023, from 18:45 to 20:45, to identify opportunities for sustainable financing for neglected tropical diseases (NTDs).
This special dinner will allow for an in-depth discussion to:
- Assess the progress made in implementing NTD control and elimination programmes in the region. Identify challenges and gaps, with a special focus on resource mobilisation.
- Explore international, regional and national financing mechanisms, with the most potential to finance national NTD programmes.
- Explore domestic and international financing opportunities for NTDs.
- Identify and discuss potential domestic financing opportunities within African countries to support sustainable NTD programmes.
- Hear from countries who have succeeded in assessing these mechanisms for peer-to-peer learning.
- Explore the establishment of a Health Ministers' Task Force focused on leading coordinated NTD elimination efforts and resource mobilization in the WHO AFRO region.